Jennifer Sirko from CrossFit Central CT sent us an e-mail regarding the first ever Warrior Dash in the Northeast. The website for the event can be found here. The e-mail she sent us, in hopes to get a number of participants from CT CrossFits together, is below. If you are interested, please contact one of the coaches so we can coordinate t-shirts, times, and possibly transportation.
Just wanted to reach out to all of you to see if you and your members would be interested in doing the Warrior Dash. There are a bunch of us from CrossFit Central CT that have signed up for September 18th in Windham, NY. The Warrior Dash is a 3.23 mile course with 13 obstacles, (descriptions came from their site):
1. Knee High Hell – speed step through hundreds of tires
2. Warrior Wall – conquer a wooden a barricade
3. Tunnels of Terror – burrow through the black tunnels
4. Black Forest – forge your way through uncharted forest
5. Slithering Swamp – venture into unknown murky waters
6. Walk the Plank – traverse the gully on wooden planks
7. Rip Van Winkle Way – cross the bridge before growing weary
8. Rio Run – dash down the river
9. Cargo Climb – maneuver over cargo nets
10. Flagstone Stack – scale a slate wall
11. Catskill Skid – slosh down a slippery slope
12. Warrior Roast – leap over warrior fires
13. Muddy Mayhem – scramble beneath barbed wire as you near the finish
You get a free shirt, custom Warrior medals and Warrior viking helmet, yes you read that correctly a viking helmet! I was thinking it might be nice to have CrossFit Connecticut shirts printed up with our logos/cities on the back so we can all represent during the race! Just an idea so let me know what you think or if you’d be interested in joining us. You can check out the event information and register at Warrior Dash – Northeast Use Crossfit as the Promo Code and it will take off $5 from the registration fee.
I hope some of you will want to join us!
Crossfit Central CT
221 Newfield Ave
Hartford CT 06106